Who we are
At Monster Films we take your privacy very seriously. You can at any time remove your personal information from our records.
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
– Archived production research
– Website statistics
– Employee, production staff and client personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics, for example:
- production roles
- legal releases and/or contracts if the production chooses to upload them
- production messages and comments o Any production notes that are public within the production team
- when and where you are going to be, if you are a part of a prep or shooting team
- your recorded working hours if you are working on location
- your food preferences and food allergies if you have added those to your profile
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
– When we both are going to visit, or have visited the same industry markets and fairs, we at Monster Films might reach out to you in a professional capacity.
– When you have been invited to take part in a production that uses Monster Films as a production platform.
– If you have reached out to us, e.g. for job applications, networking and business purposes, etc.
Under GDPR, the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- your consent
- we have a contractual obligation
- we have a legal obligation
You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us, using the details below.
How we use the personal information
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- to reach out to you in a professional capacity
- to keep you, as a professional, a breast of new features in Monster Films through newsletters
- to administer the production(s) you are a member of
- to allow members of the production(s) to contact you
- for you to share your professional details with these production(s)
- to contact you regarding your Monster Films account
- to reply if you have reached out to us
We may share this information with co-production companies, commissioners and our finance team.
How we store the personal information
Your information is securely stored in our secure cloud-based document management and storage system(s). We keep the information outlined on page one for three years after your involvement with the company ceases. We will then dispose your information by wiping digital copies and shredding physical copies.
Data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- right of access – you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- right to rectification – you have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate and you also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete
- right to erasure – you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- right to restriction of processing – you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- right to object to processing – you have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- right to data portability – you have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances
More information on GDPR can be found at https://gdpr.eu/. You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you wish to make a request, use the contact details below and we will have one month to respond.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint using the contact details below. You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
Our contact details
50 Bridge Street, Manchester, M3 3BQ